|The Mississippi Propane Gas Association (MPGA) was founded in 1941 by a small group of dealers who recognized the need for a unified voice representing their interests. Mississippi dealers, propane suppliers and industry related businesses continue to work together to promote the views and good will of the propane industry.
Services of the association include but are not limited to:
- A quarterly magazine "THE PROPANE PROPHETS" informs its readers of local and national propane industry activities. For advertising opportunities, contact Stern Strategic Marketing at 601-668-9494.
- MPGA conducts an annual convention for propane dealers and propane related businesses. Included on the convention agenda are business sessions and educational seminars as well as social functions.
- Congressional Contacts - through affiliation with the National Propane Gas Association (NPGA) your interests are monitored on a national level.
- As important legislation is brought to our attention, MPGA sends an update of legislative action and how your company will be affected.
- MPGA has benefited from numerous legislative actions. Your interests are represented daily at the State Capitol by a registered lobbyist.
- MPGA serves as your liaison with many state agencies.
- Propane dealers are kept abreast of state and federal laws, rules and regulations that affect your business on a day-to-day basis.
- Timely educational seminars are designed for propane dealers and their employees. Staying informed is imperative in the propane gas industry.
- MPGA's official Political Action Committee (PAC) is registered with the Mississippi Secretary of State. Governed by Directors, MPGA/PAC is an independent, autonomous, non-partisan organization and is not affiliated with any political organization. Contributions are made to pro-business candidates of the Mississippi House of Representatives and the Mississippi State Senate and are funded by voluntary contributions.
- MPGA is conveniently located at 808 North President Street, Jackson, Mississippi. If you would like more information on these services, contact the MPGA office at 1-888-325-9310 or 1-601-354-4077.